Adaptive Exercise Equipment
Staying Healthy Through Exercise
Mental and physical fitness are a key part to staying healthy and life. However, finding the right adaptive equipment you may need or an accessible gym can be challenging.
Most commercial gyms do not have adaptive equipment, but Planet Fitness has been working to provide accessible equipment for its members.
There are a number of reasons will why can be challenging for people with disabilities to get to commercial gyms, such as transportation, caregiving, location, and distance.
There are many pieces of adaptive exercise equipment you can purchase for your home at different price points to fit everyone's budget.
Here is an interesting article with 10 Adaptive Disability Fitness Equipment recommendations with different price points.
How do you work out? What are some of your home solutions and hacks you use? Are there YouTube videos or different apps you use to stay healthy at home?
Here is a YouTube Video with Adaptive Online Yoga with the Sabrina Cohen Foundation.
- All Categories
- 7 Open Community (Open to All)
- 5 Welcome and Introductions
- Coffee Lounge
- 1 Competitions and special offers
- 1 Open Community Help and Support
- My Community Groups
- 83 My Life's Discussions
- 9 Workplace and Employment
- 4 Education and Skills Development
- 4 Entertainment At Home
- 3 Entertainment Out and About
- 7 Travel and Transport
- 3 Built Environment - Access to Buildings and Urban Spaces
- 3 Fitness, Sports and Adventure
- 5 Cooking, Eating and Nutrition
- 5 Arts, Music and Crafts
- 6 Fashion and Beauty
- 8 Home and Daily Basics
- 2 Relationships and Sex
- 3 News and Current Affairs
- 2 Banking and Finance
- 2 Policy and Legislation
- 4 Healthcare
- 2 Shopping
- 3 Housing
- 3 Suggest a new discussion
- Education and Training Opportunities