Commercial Airline Wheelchair Damage
Have you had your wheelchair damaged in transit by a major Commercial Airline?
Unfortunately, this is all too common and a major issue for so many wheelchair users traveling globally. United Spinal Association is working on amending the Air Carrier Access Act in the United States to address this very issue with legislation.
You can take action with United Spinal by writing your Legislators.
USA Today came out with a really interesting article interviewing disabled travelers and their experiences with damaged wheelchairs.
What have some of your experiences been with the damaged wheelchairs on airlines? What steps did you take with the airline to get your wheelchair repaired? What pre-cautions did you take to protect your wheelchair before it was handed off to the airline for your flight?
Here is a helpful article on what to do when an airline loses or damages your wheelchair
Here is another helpful YouTube video and understanding your rights when an airline damages your wheelchair.
- All Categories
- 7 Open Community (Open to All)
- 5 Welcome and Introductions
- Coffee Lounge
- 1 Competitions and special offers
- 1 Open Community Help and Support
- My Community Groups
- 83 My Life's Discussions
- 9 Workplace and Employment
- 4 Education and Skills Development
- 4 Entertainment At Home
- 3 Entertainment Out and About
- 7 Travel and Transport
- 3 Built Environment - Access to Buildings and Urban Spaces
- 3 Fitness, Sports and Adventure
- 5 Cooking, Eating and Nutrition
- 5 Arts, Music and Crafts
- 6 Fashion and Beauty
- 8 Home and Daily Basics
- 2 Relationships and Sex
- 3 News and Current Affairs
- 2 Banking and Finance
- 2 Policy and Legislation
- 4 Healthcare
- 2 Shopping
- 3 Housing
- 3 Suggest a new discussion
- Education and Training Opportunities