Barely any participation anymore

Jane Mann
Jane Mann Member (Full) Posts: 1

Sorry to do this, but I do feel strongly about this. Since Open Inclusion has new management, it has become very distant. The community is dead, any invites for projects that I ask to do, I’m rejected. Latest one, I was rejected for accessible travel which I do a lot of including flying was rejected. There’s no personal touch anymore and just faceless people behind screens. No discussions since last year. It’s very disappointing. When disabled people are being marginalised and demonised by the UK government, we more than ever need to be fighting for representation.

Comments

• Jane,

We are sorry you are not selected for the recent airport research study we conducted. It was a small in-depth study to which we had hundreds of people expressing their interest in being involved. We definitely appreciate your experience in travel and are sorry that not everyone’s experience was able to showcased given the small scale of this specific project. Hopefully this project may lead to more research with this client in the future as they have been very happy with this work and would like to do more. 

We have done significant research this year, but some of it has been into communities where we have been asked by clients to recruit specifically from their database. We definitely have a lot more research in the pipeline in the coming months. Please stay tuned! 

We would love for the community discussion area to be more active. We launched the Open Inclusion community platform just last year to be a safe, accessible space for our members to share their thoughts, questions and solutions with one another on shared interests around the globe.

We hear fabulous cross community discussions as people share challenges and ideas before and after in person or online research sessions and we wanted to make an online space for this to happen more easily, consistently and broadly.

If there are specific suggestions on topics that would interest you, or ways you feel we could better support community discussions that are useful and meaningful, we are more than happy to listen and try new ideas to make this space more useful and engaging. 

Our team at Open Inclusion is still under the same management as it has been since 2014. We are more than happy to work with you to get more involved in the community. 

Thank you,

The Open Inclusion Team