YMCA's $5.2 Million Inclusive Adaptive Sports Complex: Leading the Way for Inclusive Recreation

Geoff Cook
Geoff Cook Member (Full) Posts: 54

YMCA's $5.2 Million Inclusive Adaptive Sports Complex: Leading the Way for Inclusive Recreation

Exciting news awaits South County as the YMCA prepares to unveil its groundbreaking $5.2 million inclusive adaptive sports complex this spring, 2024. This state-of-the-art facility promises to redefine sports and recreation, offering accessibility and inclusivity for all individuals, regardless of ability.

The complex will feature a variety of adaptive sports programs catering to diverse interests and skill levels, from wheelchair basketball to adaptive swimming. It's more than just sports; it's about fostering a sense of belonging and empowerment for everyone in the community.

Investing in accessible infrastructure and programming, the South County YMCA sets a powerful example for other organizations nationwide. We hope communities nationwide will take note and follow suit, recognizing the importance of inclusivity and accessibility in sports and recreation.

Comments

• This is really interesting! Being based in the UK I'm not in the know of anything like this especially where I'm from in Southampton. Does anyone know of any accessible sports complexes in the UK?

• Geoff Cook
    Geoff Cook Member (Full) Posts: 54

Tom, the funny thing is, they're not common here in the US either. Please let me know what you find out about the UK. I'm very interested in hitting your way someday.