Trip of a lifetime to Greece and Italy
Thanks to my roommate, Jen, I was able to visit Greece (two weeks) and Italy (one week) in late September/early October.
Some info about me. I am a 56 year old man who has cerebral palsy but is ambulatory.
In Greece, we traveled all over and visited a winery, an olive grove, many ancient ruins and etc. We ate lots of delicious Greek food and did fun activities like white-water rafing, kayaking and snorkling.
In Italy, we explored the ruins of Pompei, climbed to the top of Mt. Vesuvius and visited the Vatican City and the Colosseum. Ton of chocolate and mango gelato were our favorite food!
The only difficulties that I experienced were the cobble-stone roads, rocky surfaces and steep inclines.
I am very gratefful to Jen for allowing me to tag along and helping me immensely throughout the trip. She made sure that I didn't trip or fall by always being by my side.
People in wheelchairs will encounter difficulties and limited access at the ancient ruins but places like St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum were fine.
If you get the opportunity to travel, by all means, do it!
- All Categories
- 7 Open Community (Open to All)
- 5 Welcome and Introductions
- Coffee Lounge
- 1 Competitions and special offers
- 1 Open Community Help and Support
- My Community Groups
- 83 My Life's Discussions
- 9 Workplace and Employment
- 4 Education and Skills Development
- 4 Entertainment At Home
- 3 Entertainment Out and About
- 7 Travel and Transport
- 3 Built Environment - Access to Buildings and Urban Spaces
- 3 Fitness, Sports and Adventure
- 5 Cooking, Eating and Nutrition
- 5 Arts, Music and Crafts
- 6 Fashion and Beauty
- 8 Home and Daily Basics
- 2 Relationships and Sex
- 3 News and Current Affairs
- 2 Banking and Finance
- 2 Policy and Legislation
- 4 Healthcare
- 2 Shopping
- 3 Housing
- 3 Suggest a new discussion
- Education and Training Opportunities