How do you create with your Disability?
I lost my vision later in life while also running an illustration company with my wife. I was lucky that I kept a good amount of my central vision but had to learn to work in the digital space in order to continue to draw and create in the way I was familiar.
Working through digital programs definitely helped get me off the ground, but it's not where I'm most comfortable. So I went on the hunt for solutions, with magnifying lenses used for model making being the best find so far! It gets enough zoom that I can see exactly where my pen is going, and doesn't give me headaches when using for long sessions.
What are some of the ways that you have adapted to continue, or start in the creative field you're in?
- All Categories
- 7 Open Community (Open to All)
- 5 Welcome and Introductions
- Coffee Lounge
- 1 Competitions and special offers
- 1 Open Community Help and Support
- My Community Groups
- 83 My Life's Discussions
- 9 Workplace and Employment
- 4 Education and Skills Development
- 4 Entertainment At Home
- 3 Entertainment Out and About
- 7 Travel and Transport
- 3 Built Environment - Access to Buildings and Urban Spaces
- 3 Fitness, Sports and Adventure
- 5 Cooking, Eating and Nutrition
- 5 Arts, Music and Crafts
- 6 Fashion and Beauty
- 8 Home and Daily Basics
- 2 Relationships and Sex
- 3 News and Current Affairs
- 2 Banking and Finance
- 2 Policy and Legislation
- 4 Healthcare
- 2 Shopping
- 3 Housing
- 3 Suggest a new discussion
- Education and Training Opportunities