How do you feel about captions? What about automated captioning?
Captions or Craptions?
Yesterday I was listening to a great podcast from 99 Percent Invisible about Craptions. These are poorly made captions that are missing accuracy, punctuation or who is speaking.
Do you use captions? If why?
Is it due to hearing loss, when watching a show in anon-native language, to more easily hear mumbling actors or some other reason (like forgetting your headphones and watching a show on the train!)
Here is the link to the episode. Please have a listen if you are interested.
- All Categories
- 7 Open Community (Open to All)
- 5 Welcome and Introductions
- Coffee Lounge
- 1 Competitions and special offers
- 1 Open Community Help and Support
- My Community Groups
- 83 My Life's Discussions
- 9 Workplace and Employment
- 4 Education and Skills Development
- 4 Entertainment At Home
- 3 Entertainment Out and About
- 7 Travel and Transport
- 3 Built Environment - Access to Buildings and Urban Spaces
- 3 Fitness, Sports and Adventure
- 5 Cooking, Eating and Nutrition
- 5 Arts, Music and Crafts
- 6 Fashion and Beauty
- 8 Home and Daily Basics
- 2 Relationships and Sex
- 3 News and Current Affairs
- 2 Banking and Finance
- 2 Policy and Legislation
- 4 Healthcare
- 2 Shopping
- 3 Housing
- 3 Suggest a new discussion
- Education and Training Opportunities